Plant-based nutrition has been proven to be highly beneficial for the brain and may prevent the risk of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
The deterioration of brain health is a natural part of aging. However, it is essential to follow a healthy lifestyle and diet that will help in preventing or reducing the drawbacks of aging in the health of the brain.
Trans and saturated fats found in meats, pastries, fried foods, and dairy products contribute to the decline of cognitive health. On the other hand, plant-based foods such as leafy greens, nuts, seeds, whole grains, and other foods rich in vitamin E can help protect the brain.
Furthermore are a few things you can do to preserve your brain’s health:
- Limit your consumption of saturated and trans fats.
- Consume plant-based foods such as leafy greens, whole grains, nuts, etc.
- Eat vitamin E-rich foods.
- Take vitamin B12 supplements every day.
- Avoid supplements containing iron.
A plant-based diet can help you keep your brain healthy even in old age.