Breaking Medical News and In Depth Medical Stories

 
Search News:
     
PROGRAMS
 
 
More access to health care improves cancer outcomes among younger adults
More access to health care improves cancer outcomes among younger adults (June 4, 2014 - Insidermedicine) From Boston - The Affordable Care Act can improve outcomes for young cancer patients in the US, according to a report published in the Journal of Clinical Oncology. Researchers studied the records of nearly 40,000 cancer patients between 20 and 40 years old. 93% of these individuals were insured, while the other 7% lacked converge. Results showed that insured patients were 2x more likely to receive definitive therapy--that is, radiation or surgery--and were also 20% more likely to survive, when compared to uninsured.
 
OUR TEAM
More...  
EDITORIAL BOARD
More...